CityPark investments founder Demos Parneros announced the recent addition of two new startups Character and Macondo Vision, which have joined its company portfolio.
New York City, New York Nov 30, 2022 (Issuewire.com) – CityPark investments founder Demos Parneros announced the recent addition of two new startups Character and Macondo Vision, which have joined its company portfolio.
The venture fund is focused on investing in retail tech and consumer companies, with a focus on socially responsible businesses.
Character is a home improvement brand that produces meticulously manufactured and selected hardware tools that last a lifetime. Each project kit attends to a specific home repair need, and the brand also offers advice, tips, and ideas in the form of customer support.
Macondo Vision is a visual computing platform designed to elevate human and system performance by continually gathering data, monitoring the execution of tasks, and providing AI-generated ways to improve. Through this, they provide a streamlined and affordable platform designed to promote greater performance from both employee and internal systems.
Demos Parneros stated: “I am excited to support Character co-founders Alex and Suzanna as they build a unique home improvement company with a clear vision and purpose. Macondo Vision is an exciting company with innovative and much-needed solutions. Frank and Debbie bring the perfect combination of new thinking and technology, with invaluable industry experience”
In addition to Character and Macondo Vision, CityPark has also invested in the following:
- Adelante Shoe Company – A company that makes beautifully handcrafted shoes while upholding the highest standards of fair trade, resulting in sustainable economic development.
- Wealthramp – A technology company that matches consumers with trusted fiduciary advisors hand-selected by founder and investor advocate Pam Krueger.
- Vaultie – A technology platform that provides digital signatures tied to authenticated selfies, anchored on the blockchain, and instantly verifiable.
- Bitreel – A platform that supports a 3D shopping experience, accessible from any web browser or device.
- Cleancult – A vegan cleaning product company that manufactures everything from laundry detergent to hand soap, eliminating single-use plastic in favor of recyclable cartons and refillable glass bottles.
- Fillogic – Logistics-as-a-Service platform for retail that converts non-selling space at local malls into tech-enabled, micro fulfillment hubs.
About Demos Parneros
Demos Parneros is an experienced and innovative retail and e-commerce leader, helping Staples grow from a startup to a Fortune 100 company, serving as President of North American Retail and E-commerce businesses. He subsequently took on the role of CEO at Barnes & Noble, leading a focused transformation plan, which eventually led to the sale of the company. In addition to previously serving on several high-profile company boards, Demos now leads CityPark LLC, which has invested in leading-edge consumer and retail tech startups.
Source :CityPark Investments
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No Watch Mirror journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.